Friday, May 8, 2020

Questions that Transform Us (Walking and Talking Spirituality #19)





Have you ever been asked a spiritually transformative question?

What were key questions that have shaped your journey of life?

Here are some of mine:

Rev Paul George asked my 17 or 18 year old self (1986 or 1987):
Have you ever considered the ministry?

Alex McManus challenged me when I was a young professor in
2005:
What business do you have teaching in a seminary if you’ve
never planted a church?

A few years ago, my daughter asked me:
Dad, why do you work so much?

The questions we ask ourselves play a determining factor
in our growth.

Are you open or closed to “hard” questions? 

Start your morning with some empowering questions:
For what am I grateful?

What is really bothering me?

What would make today great?

End your day with: What went really well today?

Be mindful of the questions that empower you and
questions that disempower you.

What’s on your mind today? What are some of the
best questions you’ve been asked or that you ask yourself?

#spirituality #questionsthattransform #questions #growth
#change #transformation #spiritualformation #spiritualgrowth 

No comments:

Post a Comment