Friday, May 15, 2020

How is Your Soul? (Walking and Talking Spirituality #20)



How is Your Soul? How is your soul really? How would you know?
Gerald May wrote in Addiction and Grace: “How we view ourselves at any given moment may have very little to do with who we really are.”
Most of us struggle to see ourselves as God does because of shame, guilt and fear. This unholy trinity manifests in these thoughts:
I am not enough. (Shame)
I don’t do enough. (Guilt)
I don’t have enough (Fear)
But how does God truly see me? Have I accepted the reality that I’m unconditionally loved and accepted by God?
Take a deep dive into your soul and open up to God’s love.
How do we do this?
I have found contemplative practices such as centering prayer and journaling to be transformative.
Another critical element is intentional community with persons who will speak honestly and truthfully to us. This may be your life partner, a close friend, or a small group that does life together.
If you are struggling to answer the question, “How is my soul?”, reach out to me. I’ve been there and can help.
Email: Deepdivespirituaity@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment